Department of Geoecology
Department of Metrology and Quality Management
Centre of additional professional education
About the conference
The conference will be held at the Scientific and Educational Centre of collective use of Saint- Petersburg Mining University in St. Petersburg, Vasilyevsky Island, 21st line, 2, from 14th to 17th of April, 2019 (14th of April – arrival day)
Subject of conference
Different aspects of activity of analytical, test and non-destructive control laboratories will be examined:
- laboratories of mining industry;
- laboratories of oil and gas industry;
- laboratories of metallurgical industry.
For the Participants
1. To take part in the conference fill in the registration form and upload the article. Digest of the articles will be published in the Russian Index of Scientific Quotation to the beginning of the conference.
2. Only full-time participation is possible (with or without the report)*. Arrangement fee must be paid.
3. After the conference digest of the articles will be published, including the international data bases (Scopus Q3 and higher, Web of Science)**.
4. Contest of young scientists’ works will be held during the conference.
5. Registered foreign participants will be helped to get the invitation for Russian visa.
6. During the conference the training course «Modern methods and equipment of analytic control. Laboratory equipment. Metrology» will be taking place:
- 24 hours (during the conference);
- 40 hours (full-time 15.04.19-20.04.19);
- 72 hours (full-time 15.04.19-26.04.19).
Course listeners will get the certification of training after the final examination.
* list of speakers is formed by the Organising Committee;
contest of scientific works
Contest of young scientists works has 4 sections, there will be winners and prize winners in every section:
- «Analytical measurement in laboratories of processing industry in mining»
- «Modern problems of recording resources and energy carriers»
- «Ecological monitoring in mineral raw materials industry in Russia»
- «Metrology in products and materials testing in mineral raw materials industry»
2 stages of the young scientists works contest:
Participant ( student (bachelor, master, specialist), graduate student or co-authorship) applies for participation and sends work, formalized according to the rules, and an article, containing targets, goals research methods, relevance and main results.
The Organizing Committee evaluates these works and chooses the winners of the first stage. First stage winners get diplomas, their articles are published in the collection, indexable in Russian Science Citation Index, before the conference. Representative of the Organizing Committee informs the winners till the 4th of the April. The first stage winner must prepare the poster presentation according to the rules and send it by email to email@example.com.
2 stage (poster presentation):
Organizers print the received posters and place them in the conference hall, the jury evaluates the presentation and chooses the winners. If participants of the 2nd stage are present at the conference, they must be present near their posters while the jury works.
Winners and prize winner get diplomas from the Organizing Committee and presents from the sponsors.
Apply for participation till 10.04.2019
Apply for the young scientists’ works contest till 02.04.2019
Arrival and check-in of participants – 14.04.2019 - 15.04.2019
Working days of conference – 15.04.2019 - 17.04.19
Conference summing-up – 17.04.2019
Main areas of expertise
1. Main areas of expertise of analytic laboratories of Saint- Petersburg Mining University are:
- sampling at mining industry for industrial control;
- mportance of sample preparation for analytical control in the laboratory;
- modern laboratory equipment for sample preparation;
- right choice of analysis method.
2. Design and equipment of modern analytic laboratory
- requirements to the room and equipment of laboratory;
- modern laboratory equipment;
- organization of working space in the laboratory;
- purchase management in the laboratory (specialty of federal law).
3. Metrology and standardization at non-destructive control and monitoring of mineral resource complex:
- non-destructive control of mining, coal, oil and gas industry;
- non-destructive control of chemical, petrochemical and oil and gas equipment;
- changes at normative base of measurement unity;
- quality management at the analytic and test laboratory, in-the-lab control;
- automation programs for the laboratory.
4. Experience at solving the ecological problems of industry at the laboratories of Geoecological Department
There will be the demonstration of equipment of world leading companies.
Main forms of participation
Full-time (Arrangement fee must be paid)
- Industry representatives – 7 500 rubles (with VAT 20%)
- Foreign participants – 250 USD (with VAT 20%)
Arrangement fee includes:
- participation in the conference;
- participant package (includes personal badge, folder, conference program, notebook, pen, information materials);
- technical provision;
- lunches and coffee breaks at the days of conference;
- publication in the Russian Index of Scientific Quotation;
- excursions to the Mining museum, Temple of St. Macarius of Egypt and laboratories of the Mining university;
- bus excursion «Night St. Petersburg».
Full-time with training (Arrangement and training fee must be paid)
- Training 24 hours – 21 000 rubles (VAT free);
- Training 40 hours (full-time, one week (5 days)) – 35 000 rubles (VAT free);
- Training 72 hours (full-time, two weeks (10 days)) – 50 000 rubles (VAT free).
Correspondence participation is not provided.
08.45 – 10.00
Registration of participants
10.00 - 10.30
10.30 - 11.30
Presentations of the organizers and partners of the Conference
11.30 - 13.30
13.30 - 14.15
14.15 - 17.00
17:00 - 17.15
17.30 - 20.00
Saint-Petersburg sight-seeing tour
Transfer to the Hotel
9.30 - 10.00
Master classes in the following areas
11.45 - 12.15
13.45 - 14.15
14.30 - 16.00
Familiarization tours of the laboratories of the Mining University
16.00 - 17.30
Tour of the Mining Museum and the church of St. Macarius the Egyptian
09.30 - 12.30
12.30 - 13.00
13.00 - 16.30
Continuation of the Sectional sessions
16.30 - 16.45
16.45 - 18.00
Summing-up the results of the Conference
Closure of the Conference
(special invitation from of organizers)
St. Petersburg is the northernmost city in the world with a population of over one million people. Among cities fully located in Europe, St. Petersburg is the third most populous city, as well as the first city in terms of population, which is not the capital. St. Petersburg is the most important economic, scientific and cultural center of Russia, a major transportation hub. The historical center of St. Petersburg and its associated complexes of monuments are included in the UNESCO World Heritage List; This is one of the most important centers of tourism in the country.
Among the most significant cultural and tourist sites are the Hermitage, the Kunstkamera, the Mariinsky Theater, the Russian National Library, the Russian Museum, the Peter and Paul Fortress, St. Isaac's Cathedral, and Nevsky Prospect. The program for the preservation and development of the historical center of St. Petersburg is also aimed at preserving cultural heritage sites.
VENUE AND ACCOMODATION
ST. PETERSBURG MINING UNIVERSITY
St. Petersburg Mining University is the first technical educational institution in Russia, it was established by order of Catherine II on 21 October (1 November), 1773, the University brought to life Peter’s the First and M.V. Lomonosov’s ideas about training mining engineers. The date has become the birthday of the whole higher technical education in Russia.
Nowadays, more than 12 thousand students are studying mining, oil and gas, machine building, energy engineering, economics, safety measures, geo-ecology. The Mining University trains bachelors, masters and specialists (engineers) according to 32 programmes. More than 180 doctors of sciences, professors, about 600 candidates of sciences and associate professors, about 120 academicians and correspondent members of different international and Russian academies are working at 49 departments and branches of the University.
Mining Museum is a keeper of unique collections. It houses more than 250 thousand exhibits collected from all continents and more than 80 countries. It ranks top three world museums of nature science profile. The University possesses the richest scientific and technical library which accounts for more than 1.2 mln books and journals including rarities of the XV-XIX centuries.
The Mining University performs intensive research in the development of the country’s raw material resources, environmental management, advanced energy-saving technologies of extraction and processing of mineral resources. The University has modern facilities and well-developed infrastructure, and it allows to hold international events at the highest level.
MULTIFUNCTIONAL COMPLEX «GORNYI»
Multifunctional complex «Gornyi» is the venue for holding national and international scientific meetings, congresses, conferences, symposiums, arranging educational courses of studying foreign languages, accommodation of students, postgraduates, invited professors and tourists.
The total area of complex is 23000 square meters. It includes 212 rooms (which can accommodate up to 410 guests), restaurant for 250 guests, congress hall with capacity up to 2200 guests, fitness centre and auditorium for 500 seats.
Organizer and Venue
Saint Petersburg Mining University
Russia, 199106, St. Petersburg, Vasilyevsky Island, 21st line, 2
From Vasileostrovskaya Underground: bus № 1, 128, 152, bus station “Bolshoi prospect”
From Primorskaya Underground: trolleybus № 10, 11, bus № 7, bus station “Bolshoi prospect”
Phone number: 8 (812) 321-67-21 (10-17 p.m., Moscow time)